Web design trends are constantly changing. In 2020, the technical possibilities seem endless and we’re seeing designers play with extremes, reinvent previous styles and ceaselessly experiment with new techniques. At the same time, there are some popular styles that just won’t go away, such as the ever-present minimalism and colourful flat illustrations we’ve been seeing for some time now.
So, what will the web design trends 2020 be? If you want to discern the newest trends early on you’ll need help from the experts. We asked some of the top designers in the designs community what 2020 web design trends they’re seeing. Here’s what they came up with, based on their knowledge of the craft.
- Dark mode
- Imperfections that add personality
- Immersive 3D elements
- Soft shadows, layers and floating elements
- Mixing photography with graphics
- Solid frames of white space
- Glowing, luminous colour schemes
- Ultra minimalist navigation